Shipping and Returns
- Orders ship out every Tuesday. The weekly cutoff for Tuesday shipments is 10 am (eastern time) on Mondays. Orders placed after this time will be shipped the following week.
- Everything can ship worldwide. If an error pops up at checkout for your shipping location, contact us (via email@example.com) and we'll get you a shipping quote.
- We only offer tracked package services by default
- If you would like to opt for an untracked package, contact us -- but please note that we will not replace untracked orders that are lost in the post. By choosing untracked shipping, you take on the risk of the order getting lost.
- No returns or exchanges - it's a logistical nightmare for a two-person business to manage. Please be in touch prior to checkout with any questions that you have :)
New Flat Rate Shipping:As of January 2023, we offer discounted flat rate shipping options for all orders over CAD$150 before taxes. The following locations are eligible for flat rate shipping:
- Canada & Continental US: CAD$10 on all orders over CAD$150 before taxes.
- Australia and New Zealand: CAD$20 on all orders over CAD$150.
- UK: CAD$15 on all orders over CAD$150.
- Europe: CAD$20 on all orders over CAD$150 (Includes: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden)
The shipping rate for my order seems way too high!
Shipping is expensive :( We are now offering flat rate options and covering the rest of the shipping fee as a gift to you! If your country is not listed or you can't get a quote at checkout, please contact us.
Do you offer package tracking?
Yes. The only service options you will see at checkout are tracked packages, because we've had a few too many untracked packages get lost in the post and it's heartbreaking to have to replace something handmade. It's a worthy investment for all of our peace of mind.
Watch your tracking numbers if you're anxious about your package arriving -- sadly, we can't do much to pinpoint or speed up a package once it is in transit. We have access to the same tracking information as you, and nothing more. If you have any further questions, please be in touch and we'll try to work it out!
Do you offer free shipping?
No, but we do offer flat-rate shipping to many popular shipment destinations!
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Normal shipping time seems to be around 3-5 business days in Canada, 1-2 weeks to the USA and somewhere in the range of 2-6 weeks most other places. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused postage delays that are, of course, out of our control but if it's been longer than that and you still have not received your order, contact us and we will see what we can do to help! *tracked packages only.
We make our own envelopes using recycled brown paper for most packages. Where the extra padding is necessary, some orders are wrapped in fabric to double as a bonus freebie for your patch collection! Lucky you! Lucky planet!
Returns and cancellations:
Worth Mending is a small, independent project that unfortunately cannot offer the same robust shipping and returns policies that the massive online retailers can. You have the pleasure of doing business directly with one of two people on our team: Elysha, or Scott, or hey, why not both - not a sales representative or anyone else probably working in a call centre. We'll always do our best to help you out in a way that is fair, but we cannot process exchanges. Returns will only be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please make sure you know what you are ordering & be in touch if you have any questions before placing your order.
- We handle and test each item that we send out and stand by the quality of our work. However, sometimes mistakes happen. Please contact us if you have any issues with your order once it arrives and we will work together to find a solution.
- Original shipping fees will NOT be refunded in the case of a return or exchange. If you received "free shipping" on your order, the total cost of postage will be deducted from your refund. We will also deduct a restocking fee of 25%.
- If you need to modify or cancel your order for any reason, please contact us within 2 hours of placing your order. Orders that have been marked as dispatched/fulfilled cannot be cancelled, modified, or refunded.
- Custom, personalised and on-sale items are non-refundable.
- We cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen packages. Please purchase tracked shipping for insurance!
- Shipping charges are nonrefundable and return freight is the responsibility of the returnee. In the event additional shipping fees, duties or taxes apply to a return shipment (including but not limited to the return freight of international orders), the returnee is responsible for any additional charges and they will not be refunded. Exceptions may apply if purchases are defective and/or an error has occurred in shipping or packaging by fault of Worth Mending (we're human after all, and mistakes sometimes happen).
- International orders may be subject to duties, taxes, and other clearance charges upon delivery to the destination country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be paid by the recipient, and are non-refundable. Worth Mending has no control over these charges, nor can Worth Mending predict what they may be.
- Customs, duties, and taxes are non-refundable. If a shipment that is refused because of unexpected import fees, the cost of the original shipping and any return shipping charges will not be refunded. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so contact your local customs office for more information.
- When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.