Shipping and Returns
- I use recycled brown paper packaging
- Everything can ship worldwide
- I only offer tracked package services by default
- If you would like to opt for an untracked package, contact me -- but please note that I will not replace untracked orders that are lost in the post. By choosing untracked shipping, you take on the risk of the order getting lost.
- No returns or exchanges - it's a logistical nightmare for a one-person business to manage. Please be in touch with any questions that you have prior to checkout :)
The shipping rate for my order seems way too high!
Shipping rates are calculated by Shopify (my service provider). They pull rates for small packages based on the weight of your order from shipping authorities like Canada Post. The price you see is the current available rate. Shipping is expensive :(
Do you offer package tracking?
Yes. The only service options you will see at checkout are tracked packages, because we've had a few too many untracked packages get lost in the post and it's heartbreaking to have to replace something handmade out of my own pocket due to an error that is out of my control. It's a worthy investment for all of our peace of mind.
Watch your tracking numbers if you're anxious about your package arriving -- sadly, I can't do much to pinpoint or speed up a package once it is in transit. If you have any further questions, please be in touch and we'll try to work it out!
Do you offer free shipping?
Not at this time.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Honestly, I cannot be sure. Normal shipping time seems to be around 3-5 business days in Canada, 1-2 weeks to the USA and somewhere in the range of 2-6 weeks most other places. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused postage delays that are, of course, out of our control but if it's been longer than that and you still have not received your order, contact me and I will see what I can do to help! (Please keep in mind that I can do much less to help if you did not purchase the tracked shipping option.)
I use recycled brown paper for almost all of my packages. If necessary, I add padding in the form of fabric scraps that double as a bonus freebie for your patch collection! Lucky you! Lucky planet!
Returns and cancellations:
Worth Mending is a small, independent project that unfortunately cannot offer the same robust shipping and returns policies that the massive online retailers can. You have the pleasure of doing business directly with me, a human, a maker - not a sales representative or anyone else probably working in a call centre. I will do my best to help you out in a way that is fair to both of us. No exchanges, and returns will only be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please make sure you know what you are ordering & be in touch if you have any questions before placing your order.
- I handle and test each item that I send out and stand by the quality of my work. However, sometimes mistakes happen. Please contact me if you have any issues with your order once it arrives and we will work together to find a solution.
- Original shipping fees will NOT be refunded in the case of a return or exchange. If you received "free shipping" on your order, the total cost of postage will be deducted from your refund.
- If you need to modify or cancel your order for any reason, please contact me within 2 hours of placing your order. Orders that have been marked as dispatched/fulfilled cannot be cancelled.
- Custom, personalised and on-sale items are non-refundable.
- I cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen packages. Please purchase tracked shipping for insurance!
This shipping policy is sort of a work in progress as I learn more about running a lil handmade business, I am writing it with the desire for all of our interactions to be in good faith as we all do the best with what we have <3 Let me know if I missed anything! In the case that you do need to contact me, here's a handy little contact form --