Location: Kwartzlab (145 Bedford Rd in Kitchener)
Date/time: Sunday, March 5, 2023 from 2-4 pm.
- As per Kwartzlab community rules, all participants must wear a mask during the event.
- We're leaving plenty of time to work on our class projects and ask questions - we'd just like to wrap up by 4-4:30 :)
- Classes may be cancelled if fewer than 4 participants register (or the weather is extra awful, or an instructor is sick). Once you have registered, please keep an eye on your email inbox for updates.
If you do already have a Swift Darning Loom, swing on by free of charge!
Choose "I own a Swift Darning Loom!" and add the discount code "Swifty" at checkout.
If you'd like to attend but the price is a little much for you at the moment, you can use the discount code "Twenty" to register for $20.
The Swift Darning Loom is simple to use, but nothing beats hands-on instruction.
Darning is great, but what if you've run out of socks? Try weaving a tapestry or badge, and incorporate your Swift Darning Loom into a new fun hobby.
You don't need to own a Swift Darning Loom to attend this class: you can borrow one from our collection.
However, we will have our darning looms + accessories available to purchase, and (exclusive offer for real! we never do this!) you'll receive a discount code for our shop as a thank you for joining us in person.
All materials will be provided as needed, but you can also bring your own yarn to work with.
We'll show you how to convert your Darning Loom into a Weaving Loom from start to finish. You'll:
- Design a simple tapestry, or pick from our designs
- Choose your weaving yarn
- Warp the loom
- Weave / add in those weft rows
- Use a weft pick
- Experiment with tension and shaping your patch
- Add a fringe (optional)
- Add a hanging stick (optional)
- Have any other questions answered as we go, by the lovely people who designed and make these darling looms! You can even have a tour of our studio and shared workshop, if you please :)