The Kingfisher is a perfect size to keep your essentials close at hand while you're touring the town, or puttering around the house. It's a great size for snacks and other key items when out birding or just wandering about, and it's comfortable to wear while cycling.
Understated seams and other details left over from the denim's past life are a perfect canvas for embellishment such as embroidery, patches and pins so you can really make it yours.
This collection features a denim front with a pop of colour on the back.
Check out the photos for a couple of ways that I like to wear it: slung around my chest, back, or hip. You can also clip on your favourite purse strap and wear it cross-body, toss it inside of a larger bag to stay organized, or strap it to your bicycle! How will you use and style yours?
Belt is not included, so you can choose your own favourite belt that fits your size and style.
- Width (top): 11"
- Width (bottom): 9.5"
- Height: 5.5" (measured with snaps closed)
- Depth: 3.5" (measured at top, snaps open)
- Zipper length: 9"
- Belt loops: 2" tall x 1.5" wide
- Heavy 100% cotton denim
- Antiqued solid brass YKK zipper
- Leather loops, stitched on with durable nylon thread, allow you to wear the Kingfisher bag with any belt (up to 2" wide) so you can customize your fit, size and style. Belt is not included.
- All textiles are secondhand-sourced.
Kingfisher : a boldly coloured, small- to medium- sized bird with a large head and long, sharp bill. There are many different species of Kingfishers all over the world; around here we have the Belted Kingfisher. I love listening for their distinctive rattle, and watching for them perched on scrub or hydro lines near riverbanks. And with a name like that, I couldn't miss the opportunity to name this design after them!